(Ga over de afbeelding om in te zoomen)
Flesinhoud: 700 ml
Built in 1958, Tormore was one of the first new distilleries to appear during the post-World War II Scotch boom. The beauty and uniqueness of its architectural design were recognized in 1986 when the distillery was granted listed building status, despite being less than 30 years old.
Tormore Distillery was designed by the renowned architect, Sir Albert Richardson. Sir Albert Richardson (1880-1964) was one of the leading architects of his time in Britain, and was awarded the Royal Gold Medal for Architecture. He was known for his architectural style which combines neoclassicism with modernism.
This style is apparent in the design of the Tormore Distillery where the traditional stone balconies and the copper roof, which has gradually weathered to a deep green colour, sit alongside clean, sharp edges and minimalist gardens.
Tormore Distillery is also home to some architectural quirks, in particular, a clock that plays four different Scottish songs every quarter of an hour.